Few things spell status like the Lexus Nx 2022 edition. Deepika S takes a look at this comfort and luxury-led auto that will mesmerize hybrid-hunters
- The font, rear, sides, and even the bottom of the vehicle have been entirely reimagined and developed to boost overall aerodynamic performance.
- With long, sleek hood fins surrounding the rear bumper and a truncated rear end, watch out for its exceptional handling stability.
- The exterior shows an eye-catching form, modeling large surface units across a new dynamic framework, ensuring the vehicle glides and showing its large highway capacity.
- Lexus’s design language has evolved as the NX now pursues “simplicity rooted in technology” and “uniqueness’’ in proportion contributing to its dynamic performance.
- The vehicle boasts a longer and wider body while also striking 20-inch wheels—the largest ever sported on an N.
Cabin style and interiors
- The interior focuses on creating a welcoming and hospitable space for passengers. Using the Tazuna Concept for the cockpit, takes Lexus’ core human-centered approach to another level, inspired by the metaphor of a horse and its jockey.
- The interiors aim for supreme comfort as your body touches only the luxurious leather, thanks to redesigned seats, headroom and legroom, and additional space in the rear cargo area.
- The interiors are draped in rich, luxurious colors such as dark rose, rich crème, Rroja red, and Black Prism.
Efficiency and Mechanics
Engine and Performance
- This time, the NX 2022 features a bigger engine to boost power, producing an impressive 275 horsepower compared to 235 HP in the previous model.
- Overall, test drives proved the unexpected capability of the vehicle to handle both deep sand and snow. However, its performance on paved surfaces was not too impressive.
- With the base engine pushing out humongous horsepower from 2.5 liters and 4 cylinders, the vehicle offers a typically enhanced SUV capacity and performance.
Tech And Infotainment
- Changes in the 2022 edition of the Lexus NX focus on boosting the car’s driver first experience by personalized panels displaying driver information projected on two multi-instrument screens giving the indoors a futuristic look
- Currently, the newly available media and sound system include Mark Levinson PurePlay Surround Sound with Clari-Fi affording it a very club-esque feel while also eliminating road noise or any other external car sounds, creating a certain stillness which enables you to enjoy the sound system more.
- Convenience is also enhanced with new additions such as a color Head-Up Display and Digital Rearview Mirror.
- The updated pre-collision system is designed with preventative action in mind so that you know of oncoming cross traffic beforehand at an intersection to avoid collisions.
- The technology can intuitively slow the vehicle when it detects a pedestrian in its path. This suite of class-leading standard active safety equipment is to date the most comprehensive safety system ever included in a Lexus.
- The lane tracing assist feature keeps your car centered in the lane, while steering assistance makes changing lanes smoother than ever before. It is designed with convenience prioritized, in traffic and on highways that curve gradually.
The new NX is miles ahead of the SUV it substitutes, but its humble base engine, middling ride and handling, in addition to mediocre interiors, fail to attract hybrid hunters in the auto sector. On the other hand, the infotainment issues have been rectified and have crossed buyer expectations.
The NX350 clearly rivals the Acura RDX, with the 275 HP (5 HP less than the RDX) but more torque. Similar to it, they had a new tech interface done, which should spread throughout the lineup over the next two years.
Interior lighting can pose a problem for passengers. However, the all-new NX gives passengers the chance to customize the lighting to their own personal preferences. Responsive LEDs and easy-to-use controls allow individuals to choose from a blend of 64 varying colors to ensure that their travel matches their personal style and current mood.
With a starting price of AED 190,000, the Lexus NX beats rivals such as the BMW X1. The average market price is around AED 211,666.
WHEN DOES IT LAUNCH?
Lexus NX hit the roads on 3rd March 2022.