The 2022 Jaguar F-Pace delivers a smooth ride and some serious power and then some. Deepika S explores this sleek machine that stands toe-to-toe with the competition
Inspired by the fetching F-Type sports car, the F-Pace stands toe-to-toe with the Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz compact SUVs. Combining sport sedan-like performance alongside the versatility of the SUV, the 2022 Jaguar F-Pace justifies its place as the British brand’s bestseller.
- A seamless bonnet, deep grille, headlights, wider vents, and a double ‘J’ blade signature all add to Jaguar F-PACE’s dynamic stance.
- The bonnet and bumper have been redesigned, combined with a precision-engineered foil-tipped front grill giving the auto a dynamic look.
- The headlights have double ‘J’ graphics with animated directional indicators. New valence panels with integrated exhaust finishes emphasize the car’s dynamic personality.
- As an upgrade, the pick of wheels available with an optional exterior black pack allows you to craft a dark, sultry exterior look.
Cabin style and interiors
- Re-engineered with premium materials and exquisite attention to detail, the F pace is a beauty of space and luxury.
- Its sumptuous double-stitch soft leather is paired with high-class finishing and chrome accents. These are in perfect harmony with the steering wheel design that integrates hands-on access to key vehicle functions, such as the Jaguar’s all-new PV pro-infotainment system features.
- The auto’s legroom and headroom are among the most spacious in this range.
- Its cabins have easy-to-reach secondary controls and enough window space for improved vision and room while still in line with Jaguar’s minimalist interiors.
Tech and Infotainment
- Sports an expansive 11.4-inch infotainment screen with a driver information display and navigation. You can pair it via Bluetooth, USB ports, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and wireless chargers.
- It comes with a Meridian sound system with 6, 12, or 16 speakers, depending on trim.
- The advanced driver aid suite comes with an adaptive cruise control feature.
Efficiency and Mechanics
- With varying operation levels, the F-Pace is an authentic high-performance model in every way.
- The latest model consists of an eight-speed automatic all-wheel drive transmission. Fuel economy is rated at a ten kmpl in combination mode.
- The 2022 Jaguar F-Pace’s fuel economy has been an unsung hero. Its average fuel economy rating of just 8 L per 100 km with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine in highway mode is a surefire leg-up over the competition.
- The Eco mode automatically varies all driving parameters to ensure a more fuel-efficient experience. With this mode, you’re on the throttle, as you limit the use of climate and other functions that sabotage fuel economy.
Engine and Performance
- On-road is where the all-wheel-drive system gives the F-Pace an edge because that’s where it performs second to none other. The reliable steering and a suspension set-up deliver expertly once you’re used to the soaring driving position.
- The F-Pace offers a sharp driving experience, with its chassis components appraising a dominant rear-wheel drive, which conditionally diverts half the available torque to the
- It begins with the F pace’s 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine, pounding out 246 horsepower and 269 pound-feet of torque.
- While the F-Pace doesn’t sell enough volumes to warrant its crash testing by the NHTSA or the IIHS, Jaguar comes to the rescue with its substantial driver-assist features, such as a surround-view camera system that watches every periphery.
- Also features blind-spot monitors, active lane control, parking sensors, and automatic emergency braking.
- Looking for something highly safe and robust? Seek the Driver Assist package. With this add-on, you can avail adaptive cruise control, automatic parking assist, and a 360-degree camera system at an additional cost.
- Some owners have reported that the car shows some engine overheating issues, while others have experienced coolant leakages, though the engine temperature doesn’t get impacted.
- The F-Pace lacks a reliable safety rating, so we recommend you test drive the car to get a more in-depth feel of its features.
- The adaptive cruise is sometimes slow and unresponsive, and its steering assist can be ineffective at keeping you in your lane if you start to wander.
- The F-Pace is up against some auto heavyweights:
- Audi Q5 – flaunting a conservative style but innovative and unmatched tech
- The BMW X3 – limited in size but capable of high performance and efficiency
- The GLC-Class – making up for the difference between the above but with a more opulent cabin.
- Because of the sheer generosity of its load space (up to a class-leading 793 liters), F-PACE is perfect for big families.
- The flat loading lip in the boot makes packing and stowing easier. Optional loadspace storage rails and functional accessories are available, including a full-size luggage partition and quilted loadspace liner. What’s more, your adorable VIPs (Very Important Pets) are always welcome!
- The range for the 2022 F-Pace varies between AED 196,200 – 226,590, competing with the BMW X3 and Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class.
WHEN DOES IT LAUNCH?
- The car was launched in January 2022 and is currently available for sale in Dubai.